About the Job:
Antero Group is seeking a talented and highly motivated Manager of Urban Planning and Design to lead our growing Urban Planning and Design practice. The selected candidate will lead the Urban Planning and Design practice, manage the delivery of high-quality planning and design deliverables, develop new business opportunities, and manage client relationships. This position may require travel. Diverse candidates are highly encouraged to apply.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
Practice Leadership and Project Delivery (70%)
- Grow and diversify the Urban Planning and Design practice with a focus on: comprehensive planning; transportation planning; transit planning; new mobility planning; environmental planning; corridor studies; housing; long-range strategic and master planning; and placemaking.
- Work closely with the firm’s principals, Director of Strategic Consulting, and Texas Regional Director to develop and execute the strategic direction for the group practice, balance workloads across regions and business lines, and pursue strategic business development opportunities.
- Lead the team in alignment with Antero Group’s core principles, and cultivates a culture of shared trust, democracy, comradery, and excellence.
- Elevate the profile of Antero Group by developing an external brand image and internal culture characterized by technical excellence, client satisfaction, consistent results, and innovation.
- Oversee the delivery of high-quality products and deliverables and ensure that projects and deliverables are meeting or exceeding client expectations.
- Participate in projects, either as a project manager, technical or subject matter expert with a reasonable level of billable utilization on major projects.
- Oversee the development and implementation of internal business operations and systems that improve efficiency and quality and support continual process improvement and innovation.
- Work closely with the firm’s principles to provide strategic, administrative, and financial oversight of the practice.
- Oversee the financial performance of the group, including revenue and bottom line delivery of the practice’s portfolio of urban planning and design projects.
- Lead a team of high performance, urban planners, design professionals, subject matter experts, and other support staff.
- Motivate the team to achieve success in both business development and project delivery.
- Hire, manage, and mentor staff.
- Improve the diversity of the team to better reflect the clients and communities that we serve.
- Oversee employee development program, including performance planning and evaluation, training, and succession planning.
Business Development (30%)
- Pursue grants, technical assistance, and other awards on behalf of our clients and partners.
- Represent the firm in the market through involvement in client and industry events and associations to promote intelligence gathering and pipeline development.
- Seek out opportunities to grow and develop new business through cross-sectoral collaboration with Antero Group’s Civil Engineering and Strategic Consulting practices.
- Participate in professional associations, boards, and committees.
- Speak at conferences, publish papers, and earn professional certifications and accreditations.
- Participate in negotiations to secure contract awards.
- Participate in project kickoff meetings, interim progress meetings, close-out meetings, and other activities to ensure client satisfaction and resolution of project issues.
Successful candidates will have the following qualifications and skills:
- Master’s degree in Urban Planning, Urban Design, Transportation Engineering, or a related field.
- At least 5 years of professional consulting experience focusing on any of the following: Business and Operations Management; Business Development; Project Management; and Client Management.
- Experience managing an interdisciplinary team.
- Demonstrated ability to conceptualize and deliver high-quality planning and design deliverables.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Demonstrated ability to lead and grow an Urban Planning and Design practice.
- Demonstrated ability to balance strategic leadership and project management tasks including the ability to supervise and develop staff remotely.
- Demonstrated passion for winning and the ability to instill passion in others.
- Knowledge of local, regional, and national politics in Antero Group’s target markets.
- Keen understanding of the competitive environment and regional players in our target markets.
- Strongly established client relationships and industry contacts.
- Sound decision-making abilities, strategic and visionary thinking, and creative business development capabilities across a multi-disciplined practice.
- Ability to effectively manage multiple tasks and projects.
- Excellent written, interpersonal, and communicationations skills.
- Proficiency with the following software packages: Microsoft Office Suite, ArcGIS, Adobe Creative Cloud, and SketchUp (other technical proficiencies a plus).
About Antero Group:
Antero Group is an urban planning, civil engineering, and strategic consulting firm with a network of offices across the United States. We are a team of engineers, urban planners, design professionals, and economic development experts who envision a world where resilient design and social equity is business as usual in the built environment. Our firm takes a holistic approach to problem-solving and project delivery and strives to create a dynamic and rewarding work environment. We partner with clients to deliver transformative projects that create a more livable, resilient, and equitable built world.
We leverage interdisciplinary teams, creative thinking, and collaborative processes to design innovative and effective solutions to complex challenges. We believe that working alongside our clients and developing long-term partnerships is the best way to deliver projects that create lasting value.
As a consultancy, our team members are our #1 asset. Therefore, we offer a highly competitive benefits package to attract and retain the best talent, which includes:
- Competitive salary, commensurate with experience ($110,000 – $125,000)
- Health benefits;
- Company wellness program;
- 401K with guaranteed match and aggressive vesting;
- Guaranteed Performance-Based Bonus;
- Paid Time Off;
- Flexible work arrangements;
- Participation in corporate decision-making;
- Professional Development resources and support; and
- Team and client social events and outings.
Antero’s staff come from many different backgrounds, but we share a common desire to provide unmatched client services and to deliver transformative projects. Our culture is built on mutual trust, responsiveness, a democratic process, and shared learning and growth. We strive to equip each of our staff with the support they need to build a successful and rewarding career.
Think you would be a good fit?
To apply, fill out the form below or send a cover letter, resume, and portfolio to [email protected]
We’re always searching for great talent. If you’re looking for a place to build your career, consider Antero Group. Submit your cover letter and resumé using the form below.
"*" indicates required fields