About the Role:
Antero Group is seeking a motivated and talented Senior Planner in our Chicago office. The ideal candidate will support the delivery of high-quality planning and design deliverables, develop new business opportunities, and manage client relationships.
This opportunity allows the selected candidate to work as part of a broad national team with offices in Dallas-Forth Worth and Denver, as well. Antero Group is an innovative firm that affords colleagues ample opportunity to participate in the development of the company, giving voice and decision-making power to its staff members.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Support growth and diversification of the Urban Planning and Design practice with a focus on: comprehensive planning; transportation planning; GIS; zoning; environmental planning; corridor studies; housing; long-range strategic and master planning; and placemaking.
- Apply planning skills and practices to a variety of projects.
- Coordinate strategies for public presentations and outreach.
- Draft project reports in collaboration with others, including offering completion guidance.
- Offer guidance to other planners and collaborate with firm engineers on project development.
- Adhere to Antero Group’s core principles of shared trust, democracy, comradery, and excellence.
- Elevate the profile of Antero Group by developing an external brand image and internal culture characterized by technical excellence, client satisfaction, consistent results, and innovation.
- Delivery of high-quality products and deliverables and ensuring that projects and deliverables are meeting or exceeding client expectations.
- Participate in projects with a reasonable level of utilization on major projects.
- Pursue grants, technical assistance, and other awards on behalf of our clients and partners.
- Represent the firm in the market through involvement in client and industry events and associations to promote intelligence gathering and pipeline development.
- Seek out opportunities to grow and develop new business through cross-sectoral collaboration with Antero Group’s Civil Engineering and Strategic Consulting practices.
- Participate in professional associations, boards, and committees.
- Speak at conferences, publish papers, and earn professional certifications and accreditations.
- Participate in negotiations to secure contract awards.
- Participate in project kickoff meetings, interim progress meetings, close-out meetings, and other activities to ensure client satisfaction and resolution of project issues.
- Master’s degree in Urban Planning, Urban Design, Geography, or a related field.
- At least 5 years of professional experience.
- Some staff and project management experience preferred.
- Experience managing an interdisciplinary team.
- Demonstrated ability to conceptualize and deliver high-quality planning and design deliverables.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Sound decision-making abilities, strategic and visionary thinking, and creative business development capabilities across a multi-disciplined practice.
- Ability to effectively manage multiple tasks and projects.
- Excellent written, interpersonal, and visual communications skills.
- Experience with public presentations and facilitation.
- Proficiency with the following software packages: Microsoft Office Suite, ArcGIS, Adobe Creative Cloud, and SketchUp (other technical proficiencies a plus).
About Antero Group:
Antero Group is an urban planning, civil engineering, and strategic consulting firm with a network of offices across the United States. We are a team of engineers, urban planners, design professionals, and economic development experts that envision a world where resilient design and social equity is business as usual in the built environment. Our firm takes a holistic approach to problem-solving and project delivery and strives to create a dynamic and rewarding work environment. We partner with clients to deliver transformative projects that create a more livable, resilient, and equitable built world. We leverage interdisciplinary teams, creative thinking, and collaborative processes to design innovative and effective solutions to complex challenges. We believe that working alongside our clients and developing long-term partnerships is the best way to deliver projects that create lasting value.
As a consultancy, our team members are our #1 asset. Therefore, we are employee-owned and offer a highly competitive benefits package to attract and retain the best talent, which includes:
- Competitive salary, commensurate with experience
- Medical, Dental, Vision, & Disability Insurance
- Company wellness program
- 401K with guaranteed company match
- Performance-Based Bonus
- Commission Bonus
- Generous Vacation / PTO Policy
- Flexible work arrangements
- Significant participation in corporate decision-making
- Professional Development resources and support
- Team and client social events and outings
Antero Group’s company culture is based on mutual trust, performance, fun, balance, and shared learning and growth. We strive to equip each of our team members with the support they need to build a successful and rewarding career.
Think you would be a good fit?
To apply, fill out the form below or send a cover letter, resume, and portfolio to [email protected]
We’re always searching for great talent. If you’re looking for a place to build your career, consider Antero Group. Submit your cover letter and resumé using the form below.
"*" indicates required fields